Citizenship by Investment: Saint Lucia
The youngest Citizenship by Investment program on the Caribbean market, St. Lucia CBI now stands as one of the most well-established regional schemes available to second passport seekers. Qualified applicants can acquire St. Lucia citizenship in just four to six months, through one of the following investments: donation through the island’s National Economic Fund (NEF), and in the process positively support the island’s economy, or purchase of a CBI-approved property on the island.
About St. Lucia
One of the most beautiful island in the Caribbean, St. Lucia attracts thousands of tourists a year to its staggering mountains, waterfalls, and volcanos. Its population of just under 180,000 speaks English, and its currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (ECD).
Advantages to St. Lucia citizenship
Citizens of Saint Lucia enjoy the following benefits through their St. Lucia passport:
· Visa-free entry to the Schengen area; 140+ countries around the world
· Reduced tax burden
· Zero residency requirements
· Hereditary citizenship
· Dual citizenship
Pathways to St. Lucia Citizenship
- · The donation option involves making a monetary investment in the National Economic Fund, a government fund which is directed toward initiatives funded by the St. Lucian government.
- · Donation amounts are as follows:
- o $100,000 USD (For single applicant)
- o $140,000 USD (For main applicant and spouse)
- o $150,000 USD (For a family of four)
- o $15,000 USD per applicant (Per dependent)
2. Investment in Real Estate
- · Foreigners can receive citizenship from St. Lucia by purchasing pre-approved real estate on the island. Ownership must be maintained for a minimum of five years, pending naturalization. Once five years have passed post-naturalization, the property is eligible to be sold.
- · Pricing for the Real Estate option is as follows:
- o $300,000 USD (Minimum investment value of selected property)
- · In addition to the Real Estate cost above, a government fee is applied as follows
- o $30,000 USD (For single applicant)
- o $45,000 USD (For the spouse of main applicant)
- o $10,000 USD (Per dependent age 18+)
- o Dependents under 18 years:
- o $5,000 USD per applicant (Up to 4 children)
- o $10,000 USD per applicant (Fifth child and more)
3. Purchase of Government Bond
- · Foreigners who buy government bonds may achieve citizenship from St. Lucia. Ownership of the bond must be maintained for a minimum of five years, pending naturalization. Please note that bonds do not accrue any interest.
- · Pricing for the bond option is as follows:
- o $500,000 USD (For single applicant)
- o $535,000 USD (For the main applicant plus spouse)
- o $550,000 USD (For the main applicant, spouse and up to two other dependents)
- o $25,000 USD (Per each subsequent dependent)
- · In addition to the costs for the government bond option, an administration cost of $30,000 USD applies
Please note that, in addition to the fees for the three investment options to apply for St. Lucia citizenship, all applicants are also responsible for the following fees:
- · $750 USD (Application and registration fee)
- · $2,000 USD (Processing cost for the main applicant)
- · $1,000 USD (Processing cost for the spouse of the main applicant)
- · $1,000 USD (Processing cost per dependent)
- · $7,500 USD (Due diligence cost for the main applicant)
- · $5,000 USD (Due diligence for the spouse of the main applicant)
- · $5,000 USD (Due diligence for dependents age 16+)
Eligibility Requirements for St. Lucia
All applicants for the citizenship via the St. Lucia CBI program must fulfill the following criteria:
· Pass a complete security/due diligence check
· Be without a criminal history
· Demonstrate the origin of any money used toward their CBI investment
· Original applicant must be of age 18+
Eligible Family Members
· Dependent children under the age of 30
· Dependent parents above the age of 55
· Unmarried dependent siblings of the main applicant under the age of 18
How to Apply for St. Lucian Citizenship
1. Contact MASA Immigration to begin your journey to St. Lucian citizenship.
2. Prepare your application. Your agent will help you acquire, assemble, and fill out all the application materials
3. Submit your application and all relevant fees.
4. Once the application is approved, submit all remaining investment fees
5. Collect your Certificate of Registration and officially become a St. Lucia citizen
6. Apply for your St. Lucia passport (this is done by your agent, who will send your passport to you directly once the application is complete).