First: St. Kitts Citizenship by Investment Program Updates
With the increasing demand for Saint Kitts citizenship through investment, the government has issued a set of important updates to the citizenship by investment program for the year 2023. Below we review the most important of these updates that will help you fully understand the procedures and requirements:
- Iraqi nationals are no longer eligible for the Citizenship by Investment Program.
- Siblings and grandparents can no longer be included in the application. The minimum age for parents to be included has increased to 65 years.
- Added mandatory interview requirement for all applicants 16 and over.
- Applicants must receive Certificates of Registration ( COR ) and after the applicant submits the required investment. The applicant must collect the certificates of registration in person in Saint Kitts and Nevis or at the embassy designated by the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
Individuals dependent on the eligible applicant:
- Children under the age of eighteen.
- Children between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five who are pursuing a full-time education at a post-secondary or higher education institution and who are fully dependent on the principal applicant.
- Children who are eighteen years of age or older and who suffer from a physical or mental disability.
- The parents of the main applicant or the parents of the spouse who are sixty-five years of age or older and who live with and are wholly dependent on the main applicant.
- Announcing the addition of the option of sustainable contribution to the island state, which replaced the option of donating to the Sustainable Development Fund with a minimum donation as follows:
- ● $250,000 for an individual applicant.
- ● $300,000 for a family of two.
- ● $400,000 for a family of 4.
- Increasing the value of the minimum real estate investment option from 200,000 to 400,000.
Selling private homes:
- ● $400,000 for the apartment.
- ● $800,000 for a single-family home.
- Increasing the minimum investment value in a public utility project ( BP ) to $250,000.
- ● $10,000 for the main applicant.
- ● $7,500 for each of the principal applicant's dependent children who are 16 years of age or older.
Second: Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program Updates
The Citizenship by Investment Unit of the Commonwealth of Dominica has released two important updates effective from July 17, 2023:
All applicants aged 16 years and over will be held compulsory interviews for which fees will be announced soon.
Intensify the security investigation process:
The background check process will be applied extensively to all applicants who are Iranian citizens or (residents) and new fees apply.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is now a designated territory country (according to Executive Decree No. 8 of 2023) under the Citizenship by Investment Program.
Additional fees for extensive security checks will be applied as follows:
- ● $25,000 for the main applicant
- ● $15,000 for the spouse
- ● $15,000 for each of the principal applicant's dependent children who are 16 years of age or older.
- ● $10,000 for each dependent child of the main applicant between the ages of 12-15.