What is Saint Lucia?
Saint Lucia is a sovereign island nation in the Caribbean Sea, known for its natural beauty, cultural diversity, and friendly people. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States, and the Caribbean Community.
How can I become a citizen of Saint Lucia?
There are three main ways to acquire Saint Lucian citizenship: by birth, registration, or investment. The most important one is:
- · By investment: You can become a citizen of Saint Lucia if you are 18 years of age or older and make a minimum investment in the country’s National Economic Fund, in an approved real estate project, or in government bonds. You also have to pay fees and pass due diligence checks.
What is the citizenship by investment program of Saint Lucia?
The citizenship by investment program of Saint Lucia is a legal and fast way to obtain a second passport and alternative citizenship in Saint Lucia by making a financial contribution to the country’s development. The program was launched in 2015 and is regulated by the Citizenship by Investment Act No. 14 of 2015.
What are the benefits of being a citizen of Saint Lucia?
As a citizen of Saint Lucia, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- · Visa-free entry to 142 countries and regions, including the United Kingdom, the European Union, and Hong Kong.
- · Dual citizenship, which means you do not have to renounce your original citizenship when acquiring Saint Lucian citizenship.
- · Zero residency requirements mean you do not have to live in Saint Lucia before or after obtaining citizenship.
- · Tax advantages, such as low-income taxes and no taxes on capital gains, wealth, or inheritance.
- · Generational citizenship, which means your children and grandchildren can also become citizens of Saint Lucia by descent.
How can I apply for citizenship in Saint Lucia?
The application process for citizenship in Saint Lucia involves the following steps:
- · Choose a licensed agent: You cannot apply for citizenship of Saint Lucia on your own. You must hire a licensed agent who is authorized by the government to assist you with your application. The licensed agent will guide you through the process and submit your application on your behalf. Of course, no better agent than us!
- · Choose an investment option: You must decide which investment option suits your needs and budget. You must also provide proof of funds and the source of funds for your chosen investment option.
- · Prepare and submit your application: You must fill out the application forms and provide the required documents, such as your birth certificate, passport, police report, tax return, bank reference letter, resume, references, and proof of investment. You must also pay the application processing fee and the due diligence fee at this stage.
- · Wait for approval: Your application will be reviewed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), which will conduct due diligence checks and verify your information. This may take from three to six months depending on the complexity of your case.
- · Make your investment: Once your application is approved, you will receive an approval letter from the CIU. You must then make your investment within 90 days of receiving the approval letter. You must also pay the administrative fee at this stage.
- · Receive your certificate of naturalization and passport: After you make your investment and pay the administrative fee, you will receive your certificate of naturalization and passport from the CIU. You can either collect them in person or have them delivered to you by courier. Or Simply contact us.
What are the investment options for obtaining citizenship in Saint Lucia?
- · National Economic Fund (NEF): This is a non-refundable donation to a fund established by the government to finance various public projects. The minimum donation amount is USD 100,000 for a single applicant, We also have offers and discounts on family reunification.
What countries are visa-free for Saint Lucia passport holders?
Saint Lucia passport holders can travel to various countries around the world without a prior visa, depending on the duration and purpose of their visit. According to the Henley Passport Index, as of 19 July 2022, Saint Lucia passport holders had visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 142 countries and territories, ranking the Saint Lucian passport 33rd in the world in terms of travel freedom.
Can someone with a Saint Lucia passport work in Europe?
The answer depends on the type and duration of work, as well as the specific country or region in Europe. Generally, the following rules apply:
- · For short-term work (up to 90 days) in the Schengen Area, which consists of 26 European countries that have abolished internal border controls, Saint Lucia passport holders do not need a visa, but they will need an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) from 2024. The ETIAS is an online travel authorization that will be required for visa-exempt nationals to enter the Schengen Area for tourism, business, transit, or medical purposes. The ETIAS will be valid for three years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first, and will allow multiple entries for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- · For long-term work (more than 90 days) in the Schengen Area, Saint Lucia passport holders will need a work visa and a work permit from the respective country they wish to work in. The requirements and procedures for obtaining a work visa and a work permit vary depending on the country, the sector, the occupation, and the qualifications of the applicant. Some countries may have special agreements or programs for certain categories of workers, such as seasonal workers, highly skilled workers, researchers, students, or entrepreneurs.
- · For work in other European countries that are not part of the Schengen Area, such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus, or Croatia, Saint Lucia passport holders will need to check the visa and work permit requirements of each country individually. Some countries may have different visa policies or exemptions for certain nationals or purposes of travel.
Therefore, Saint Lucians cannot work in Europe with ETIAS. However, nationals of Saint Lucia who want to work in Europe may find ETIAS useful to visit countries in the Schengen Area and see if they meet their needs and expectations before moving there. Alternatively, they can apply for a work visa and a work permit from the country they wish to work in, following the specific rules and regulations of that country.
How long are Saint Lucia passports valid?
The issued passport has a 10-year validity period after which it can be reissued.
What documentation is required for Saint Lucia?
It usually takes 1-2 months in your native country to arrange these documents. There will be other paperwork required later on, and Masa Immigration will assist you accordingly.
- If you have resided in another country in the last ten years, you must obtain a "certificate of no criminal record" in each of those nations. If you are in the United States, you will need to receive police clearance from the county and the FBI.
- Please keep in mind that police certifications must be less than six months old when you submit your citizenship application.
- Each person must have two original birth certificates.
- Documents in languages other than English must be legally translated.
- HIV clearance medical certificate (not older than 3 months).
- Marriage certificate certified copy.
- Two letters of recommendation from bankers, lawyers, and chartered accountants (not older than 3 months).